I’M THE ONE WHO LIKES NEW CHALLENGES…
It might be your first handstand. Or your first vault. Or just the first time you have been on a trampoline in years. Whatever challenge you set yourself, there is nothing better than knowing you can do it…
If you are over eighteen, adult gymnastics provides a new opportunity to try out an amazing sport. You can test yourself in a range of activities and by building your strength, flexibility and spatial orientation, you will see your performance improve in other sports too. Whether you are looking to take your first steps in gymnastics or get back into the sport, adult gymnastics makes it easy.
There is a big social element, which makes the session a lot of fun. As you are starting out, you will learn the basic moves, and how to perform them on apparatus such as the trampoline and vault. You will also learn about your body, your muscles and the way you move. As your strength and flexibility increase, you might want to consider setting new skill goals or looking at opportunities to participate in an adult gymnastics competition or other sport event. Check out the GymFit program if you are wishing to push your fitness for a Spartan or Tough-Mudder type event.
Ready to become an adult gymnast? KGTC provides a fun, friendly environment with professional coaches to help you learn. Gymnastics can be adapted to be inclusive for everyone, regardless of your ability. What you are waiting for – Join KGTC today.
How do I register? You may register online, in person or by phone (250.374.6424).
When do I register?
- GymFit and Adult Drop-In session: fall, winter, spring.
- Registration for fall, winter sessions begins in mid-July and is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis..
- Registration for spring session begins with member priority registration in November. General registration begins in mid-December and is accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
What to bring to a sessions? We want athletes to have fun while they learn in a safe and secure environment.
Please wear comfortable clothing that allows them to move easily. Shorts and t-shirts are great – just ensure that clothes are not too baggy to become a danger or too tight to be restrictive. Long hair should be tied back and socks and shoes removed. Jewellery or other items that might cause scratching or become caught in material must be removed.
KGTC has leotards and shorts available for purchase in the Athlete Boutique.
Food and Drink: Food and drink are not permitted in the gym unless for medical reasons.
GYMFIT (18 YRS AND UP)
I’M THE ONE WITH A NEW KIND OF WORKOUT…
You turn up at the gym, meet your coach, and talk about what kind of training you want today. Then you choose from different exercises to keep you in peak physical condition. Who said training has to be a treadmill?
GymFit is an awesome way to work out, whether you want to get more involved in gymnastics or not. With a huge variety of exercises focusing on your cardio, core, upper and lower body, you come away from every session feeling fitter, healthier and one step closer to that gymnasts’ physique!
- 1.5 hours, once a week.
- Classes run in 10 week sessions: (Sept 13 – Nov 29, Jan 10 – Mar 14, Apr 4 – Jun 6).
- If you need to miss the first session, an orientation to the gym is required prior to your first visit (a $10.00 extra charge for gym orientation is required).
- Learn more about class guidelines and mandatory waivers.
ADULT DROP-IN (18 YRS AND UP)
Gymnastics and Trampoline is not just for the kids – it is a great way to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to compliment your other physical activities. This is your place to be with athletes of all levels – from former gymnasts, to beginners, from cross-trainers to specialists – all here at KGTC having fun, practicing and just being with their friends!
Start with a warm up and then move around the gym exploring apparatus at your own pace. Supervising staff ensure gym guidelines are followed and are available to assist as asked in this self-directed program time.
Days Offered: Thursday from 8:30pm to 10:00pm (NO ADMITTANCE AFTER 9:00PM).
No Adult Drop-In on Statutory Holidays or during Christmas Break, Spring Break and Summer Break.
Important Insurance Information: All people attending Drop-In must be KGTC members in good standing – no exceptions. If you have already registered in one of our programs, you are already a member. If not, an annual KGTC membership must be purchased prior to your first visit as well as the waiver signed. Membership is valid to August 31 of each year. To learn more about this policy, please refer to the FAQS.
How do I register?
- Adults must purchase a Punch Pass and membership prior to your first visit.
- Purchase is available online or check with Member Services during office hours.
- Adult participants must sign a waiver prior to entry into the gym.
How do I sign in?
- Entry is not permitted until 15 minutes prior to the Drop-In program start time.
- Please line up in the TCC lobby until a Coach completes Sign In and directs you into the gym.
- The number of participants per night has a maximum of 24 allowable. Entry is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No entry is allowed after 9:00pm – No Exceptions.